- Jesus answered him, “Very truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above. (John 3:3)
- Jesus answered, “Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. […] The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (John 3:5-6, 8)
- [Jesus said,] “Very truly, I tell you, we speak of what we know and testify to what we have seen; yet you do not receive our testimony. If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? (John 3:11-12)
- [Jesus said,] And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. (John 3:14-15)
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. (John 3:16)
- “Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. (John 3:17)
The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore. (Psalm 121:5-8)
The snake said to the woman, “You won’t die! God knows that on the day you eat from it, you will see clearly and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” The woman saw that the tree was beautiful with delicious food and that the tree would provide wisdom, so she took some of its fruit and ate it, and also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. (Genesis 3:4-6)
1) The tempter came to him and said, “Since you are God’s Son, command these stones to become bread.” Jesus replied, “It’s written, People won’t live only by bread, but by every word spoken by God.”
2) “Since you are God’s Son, throw yourself down; for it is written, I will command my angels concerning you, and they will take you up in their hands so that you won’t hit your foot on a stone.” Jesus replied, “Again it’s written, Don’t test the Lord your God.”
3) [The devil] said, “I’ll give you all these if you bow down and worship me.” Jesus responded, “Go away, Satan, because it’s written, You will worship the Lord your God and serve only him."
(Matthew 4:3-4, 6-7, 9-10)
Explore our traditional worship services on this page. To explore past Jazz Sanctuary services, visit our Jazz Sanctuary page
First and foremost we are a serving church - throughout nearly three centuries we have been serving the people of Concord and the world.
We are a welcoming church -- welcoming children, youth, and adults, seekers and settled, doubtful and faithful, and creating a community united in Christ's love for us all.
We are a church growing in Christ -- not having all the answers but growing in faith, in love, in working for a just and peaceful world, people learning the way of Jesus together, and welcoming others to learn with us.
Come and see!